Saturday, June 29, 2019

Treat Yourself

The current Lawn Fawnatics challenge features a bold, bright mood board filled with summery images and colors.  Here's my project based on the inspiration photo.

Treat Yourself card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Lawn Fawn
I used Lawn Fawn's So Smooth stamp set to create my cluster of images for the focal point of my design. The images were colored with Copic markers, then cut out with the matching dies.  I used foam tape to arrange them on a large white circle. The circle was matted on a slightly larger aqua circle.  For the background, I adhered a wide strip of lime cardstock from the top to to bottom of a pale aqua cardfront.  For contrast and another bold pop of color, I tucked a strip of hot pink cardstock underneath the right edge of the lime panel.  The image panel was adhered over these cardstock strips.  I paired the images with the "treat yourself" sentiment from the Treat Yourself stamp set.  The text was stamped on a narrow bright pink cardstock strip and adhered to the top of the cardfront.

Materials Used:
So Smooth and Treat Yourself stamp sets, So Smooth dies (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Raspberry Fizz, and Limeade Ice cardstock (Papertrey Ink); circle dies (Spellbinders); Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); foam tape

4 comments:

  1. Yummy looking margaritas! Great card Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, this is perfect!!!! i bet those are the most refreshing drinks for summer!!! love the bright colors, too! Thank you SO much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How Fun an delicious! I love this card, it is beautifully designed in summery colors, perfect take on this challenge. Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! -Grace

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips