Thursday, June 13, 2019

You Are Jawsome

The theme for the current Lawnfawnatics challenge is Perfect for Parties.  I put together a simple ocean themed party favor box perfect for a summertime event.

Jawsome party favor box-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Lawn Fawn
I don't have any of the Lawn Fawn boxes or favor dies since I have a nice collection of dies like that from my time on the Clear and Simple Stamps design team.  I used one of them, Party Favor 3, here.  The box was cut from light blue cardstock, then assembled with some clear tape strips.  For my ocean theme, I used different sized circle punches to make wave-like snips into strips of darker blue cardstock.  One strip was adhered directly to the box front.  The other was adhered on top using foam tape for dimension.  A strip of torn vellum was tucked behind the top wavy strip for the appearance of "foam" at the top of the wave.  I added the shark from the Duh-nuh set on top of the layered waves using more foam tape.  The set's "you are jawsome" sentiment was stamped directly on the top of the box in teal ink.  I added a satin ribbon handle and stuffed the box with some fun striped tissue to finish the box.  I think this would be perfect to fill with some colorful gummy fish as a party favor!

Materials Used:
Duh-nuh stamp set, Duh-nuh dies (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black and Teal Zeal inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Party Teal Dawn and My Style Blueprint cardstock, Party Favor 3 die (Clear and Simple Stamps); circle punches (EK Success); blue satin ribbon (Target); white vellum; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips