Monday, July 29, 2019

Hope Your Day Is as Cool as You Are

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I used the layout for a summery themed design.

Hope Your Day Is as Cool as You Are card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I started out with a light blue card base for my background.  I used dies from the Scenic Safari die set to craft my sand and water panels. They were adhered to the bottom of the card base.  To fill in the scene, I colored up one of the penguins from the Penguins in Paradise stamp set using Copic markers.  I wanted the penguin's belly to look a little sunburned, but I got a little carried away!  The image was adhered to the bottom of the cardfront using foam tape for dimension.  The scene looked a little empty so I added a coordinating beach ball next to the penguin.  The set's "hope your day is as cool as you are" sentiment was stamped on an orange slanted sentiment strip die cut and adhered to the top right side of the cardfront to complete the design.

Materials Used:
Penguins in Paradise stamp set, Sno Cone and Orange Fizz cardstock, Penguins in Paradise, Scenic Safari, and Slanted Sentiment Strips  dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Hawaiian Shores and Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips