Monday, July 22, 2019

Smile, It's Your Birthday

Smile, It's You're Birthday card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch challenge.  This one came together quickly with a trio of coordinating patterned paper panels from a birthday themed paper pad.  I arranged the panels on a pale yellow card base, choosing the polka dot panel for the bottom.  I used the script "smile" die from the Double the Smiles die set to cut the word "smile" from both orange cardstock and craft foam.  After layering the two pieces for dimension, I adhered them to the polka dotted panel.  The birthday sentiment from the Bitty Birthday Wishes stamp set was stamped on a narrow yellow fishtail flag strip and adhered just beneath the die cut word.  I think I'm going to get a lot of use out of this new stamp set!  A trio of orange matte enamel dots arranged around the sentiments completed the design.

Materials Used:
Bitty Birthday Wishes stamp set, Double the Smiles and Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Barely Banana and Pumpkin Pie cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Happy Birthday 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); orange matte enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet); craft foam

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips