Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Camp Create Summer 2019

I put together this collection of cards for the My Favorite Things Camp Create challenges.  I created four cards to meet the five different challenges.

I Thank My Lucky Stars for You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
This card is for the first and last challenges--the first being watercolor and the last being glitzy glitter.  I used some color burst powders on a watercolor panel to create the highly pigmented background panel.  After the panel dried, I used one of the glitter techniques that Stephanie demonstrated in the her video to add stars.  Applying Stickles glitter glue through the openings in a starry stencil was an easy and not messy way to use glitter.  As a kindergarten teacher, I've had some not so fabulous experiences with glitter, so I was pleased to try this out and see how easy it was!  For the sentiment, I die cut the word "stars" from both silver cardstock and craft foam. After layering the two pieces for dimension, I adhered the word to the bottom of the panel. To finish the sentiment, I stamped "I thank my lucky" and "for you" from the _ stamp set on narrow slanted sentiment strip die cuts in silver ink to match the die cut word and heat embossed the text so it would pop against the dark blue.  The text strips were adhered above and below the die cut word.

Materials Used:
Count the Stars stamp set, Stars and Wishes and Slanted Sentiment Strips dies, Star Confetti stencil set (My Favorite Things); Delicata Silvery Shimmer ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Navy cardstock (Reverse Confetti); Silver cardstock (Michaels); Ice Stickles (Ranger); silver embossing powder (Hero Arts); craft foam

When It Rains, Look for Rainbows card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
This card is for the second challenge, which focused on resist techniques.  I started out with a watercolor panel that I stamped with the triangle patterned background stamp in white pigment ink with the help of my large MISTI.  The ink was covered with white embossing powder and heated.  To bring in the resist element, I used a rainbow array of distress inks and blender brushes to create rainbow stripes diagonally across the panel. Once I was finished applying the ink to the panel, I used a clean paper towel to buff the panel, clearing ink off from the embossed lines.

For the sentiment, I stamped "when it rains, look for" from the Rainbow of Happiness stamp set on a silver fishtail flag strip and adhered it to the embossed panel.  The word "rainbows," die cut from black cardstock, was adhered beneath the fishtail flag strip to complete the sentiment.  I arranged a trio of silver glitter enamel dots around the text as an accent. The finished panel was adhered to a green card base.

Materials Used:
Rainbow of Happiness stamp set, Geometric Grid background stamp, Sour Apple cardstock, Color the Rainbow and Fishtail Flag STAX  dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); distress inks (Ranger); Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Silver cardstock, Snow embossing powder (Recollections); silver glitter enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet)

Congratulations Circle Shaker card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite ThingsThis design is for the third challenge, spectacular shakers.  I made a simple (mostly) monochromatic shaker card design using MFT's Congratulations Circle die.  I cut the round piece twice from rosy red cardstock, then layered the pieces for dimension.  For the shaker component, I used a circle die to cut an opening in a pale pink cardstock panel.  I adhered one of MFT's round shaker windows to the panel, then added the congratulations piece as a ring around the shaker element.  I filled in the shaker with a bunch of teeny tiny sequins from a mixed collection and added in a few gold stars and larger rose gold sequins for variety before sealing the shaker with a pale pink panel. 

To add a little something to the design, I stamped "you are freaking amazing" from the Amazing stamp set on a fishtail flag strip.  The strip was positioned over the shaker pouch, making sure that one of the "congratulations" was left fully visible.

Materials Used:
Amazing stamp set, Congratulations Circle and Fishtail Flag STAX dies, round shaker pouch (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Red Punch cardstock (Recollections); sequins (Pretty Pink Posh)


Cheers to You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
This one is for the fourth challenge, sensational sliders.  I used the bar cart from the new Cocktail Hour die set as my slider element.  I cut the cart from gold paper, using several pieces to "build" a sturdy base.  The wheels were cut from gray cardstock and filled in with gold brads at the center.  I cut the bottle and glasses from vellum, then colored the pieces with Copic markers before adhering them to the cart's top shelf.  The shaker was cut from silver cardstock and added on top, too.  After using one of the Surf and Turf dies to cut a channel into the bottom of a white panel with a kraft strip at the bottom as a floor, I used one of MFT's slider elements to secure the cart within the channel.  I started the sentiment with the new Simply Cheers die, cutting the background from gold paper to match the cart and adding contrasting black letters on top. The "to you" from one of the stamps in the Bitty Birthday Wishes stamp set finished the design.

Materials Used:
Bitty Birthday Wishes stamp set, Sour Apple and Steel Grey cardstock, Cocktail Hour, Simply Cheers, and Surf and Turf dies, slider element (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); gold paper (Target); gold brads (Making Memories)







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips