Thursday, August 22, 2019

Camp Create, Session 2

I played along with the second session of the My Favorite Things Camp Create challenges.  I shared my card for Day 4's monochromatic challenge earlier this week and now I'm sharing my cards for the rest of the challenges.

Cheers to You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
The challenge for Day 1 was inlaid die cutting.  Instead of making a scene with elements like clouds, grass, and trees, I layered a pair of elegant champagne glasses, cut with MFT's Layered Champagne Glass die, then topped them with a sentiment.  The glasses were cut from vellum and gold paper, then set into the openings in the pink panel.  The vellum gives a glass-like look.  I used a contrasting bold red cardstock for the script "cheers" sentiment.  The "to you" from the Bitty Birthday Wishes set was stamped beneath the die cut word.  I added a trio of gold glitter enamel dots as an accent. After matting the panel on gold paper, I adhered it to a red card base that matched the die cut word.

Materials Used:
Bitty Birthday Wishes stamp set, Layered Champagne Glass and Cheers dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Love Letter ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Red Punch and Rose Petals cardstock (Recollections); white vellum (The Paper Company); gold paper (Target); gold glitter enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet)

How Could I Knot card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's what I created for Day 2's magnificent masking challenge.  I used a large heart die to create a mask for a portion of the kraft panel before I stamped the Wood Plank Background stamp on it in clear ink.  The image was heat embossed to get a woodgrain-like look.  I put the negative of the mask back in place on the embossed panel and used an ink blending brush and distress ink to fill in the un-embossed space with brown ink, highlighting the heart shape.  The punny "how could I knot love you?" sentiment from the Wood You Be Mine? stamp set was stamped on the heart in gold pigment ink, then heat embossed to pop against the brown cardstock.  I added a tiny knotted burlap strip to the heart as an accent. The panel was matted on gold cardstock to tie in the sentiment color, then it was adhered to a brown card base.

Materials Used:
Wood Plank Background and Wood You Be Mine? stamp sets, Pierced Heart STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Versamark and Delicata Golden Glitz inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Vintage Photo distress ink (Ranger); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Soft Suede cardstock (Stampin' Up!); gold paper (Target); burlap ribbon

Celebrate card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
For Day 3's Background Bonanza challenge, I used the Simply Celebrate die to create a fun background.  I ran the two dies through my die cutting machine repeatedly using two coordinating green cardstock colors.  The lighter green solid pieces were arranged on a darker green cardstock panel, staggering their placement for interest.  Then I adhered the letters to the solid background.  This was actually a lot less tedious of a job than I thought it would be.  I used a toothpick to apply glue to the backs of the letters, then set them in place.  After trimming any letters that extended beyond the edges of the darker green panel, I adhered the panel to a light green card base.  Even though the card is covered with text,I wanted to add another bit of sentiment to it.  I settled on the "it's your birthday" from the Bitty Birthday Wishes, stamping it in green ink on a narrow kraft slanted strip and placing it near the bottom right side of the card.

Materials Used:
Bitty Birthday Wishes stamp set, Simply Celebrate and Slanted Sentiment Strips dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Pistachio ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse, and Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink)


I'm Here for You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite ThingsFor Day 5's Awesome Ombre themed challenge, I used distress inks and one distress oxide to create an ombre panel of greens, moving from dark at the bottom to light at the top.  Once the inks dried, I used white pigment ink to stamp some of the images from the Flower Silhouettes set on the panel, then heat embossed the images so they would pop against the background. The embossed panel was adhered to a green card base.  For the sentiment, I stamped "I'm here for you" from the Essential Sentiments stamp set on a narrow light green cardstock strip. The strip was adhered over the stamped panel using foam tape for dimension.

Materials Used:
Flower Silhouettes and Essential Sentiments stamp sets (My Favorite Things); Memento Pistachio and Memento Luxe Wedding Dress inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Peeled Paint distress oxide, Iced Spruce, Crushed Olive, and Shabby Shutters distress inks (Ranger); Ripe Avocado and Spring Moss cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Snow embossing powder (Recollections); foam tape









No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips