Friday, August 23, 2019

Thankful for You

Here's my card for this month's Mix It Up challenge at SugarPea Designs.  I combined the sketch with elements from the inspiration photo, including the leafy elements and the color scheme, for this card with a fall look and feel.

Thankful for You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from SugarPea Designs
I used a patterned paper with a subtle text print for my background panel to mimic the look of the background in the inspiration photo.  A wide orange panel, edged with narrow strips of green cardstock, was adhered across the middle of the patterned panel.  To add some texture, I layered on a pair of ribbons, one corduroy and one grosgrain, before placing the oval image panel on top.  The image panel was dressed up with a cluster of fall themed die cuts made with the Stitched Autumn Icon dies.  I did a little creative stamping with sentiments from the Nuts About You set to come up with the "thankful for you" sentiment stamped in black ink at the top of the oval panel.

Materials Used:
Nuts About You stamp set, Stitched Autumn Icons dies (SugarPea Designs); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive cardstock, black grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); Red Punch cardstock (Recollections); Vintage Vogue 6x6 paper collection (Pink Paislee); oval dies (Spellbinders); orange corduroy ribbon (May Arts); foam tape

6 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful fall card Lori! I know I'm so ready for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! Good luck with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful, Lori! I love that subtle, warm background and stripes! I'm a summer weather lover, but your pumpkin and leaves make me almost excited for fall! Thanks for joining us for the Mix It Up challenge at SugarPea Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful autumn card 😍 Thank you for taking part in the SugarPea Designs MIU challenge! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply beautiful!!! Thanks so much for entering into the SugarPea Designs Mix It Up Challenge! Tatiana from DT

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips