Monday, August 5, 2019

Let Your Troubles Float Away

Let Your Troubles Float Away card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I used the layout to create a summery design.  I saw the trio of diagonal strips in the corner of the cardfront as waves, so I flipped the layout around and used one of the Stitched Scallop Edges die to create three blue waves that I arranged on a lighter blue card base.  To go with the waves, I colored up the cutie from the Drink Up the Sunshine stamp set.  After cutting the colored image out with my Scan 'n Cut, I used foam tape to adhere the image over the waves.  The "let your troubles float away" sentiment from the Hey, Sunshine stamp set seemed like a perfect match for the girl.  I stamped it above the image and added a pair of shimmery white clouds to finish the design.

Materials Used:
Drink Up the Sunshine and Hey, Sunshine stamp sets, Sno Cone cardstock, Stitched Scallop Edges and Cute Cloud Outlines dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Crystal Stardream cardstock (The Paper Cut); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips