Thursday, August 15, 2019

Mostly Monochromatic Make a Wish

Here's my card for the current Fusion challenge.  I paired the sketch with elements from the inspiration photo (hand theme, gray color tones) to create this simple birthday card.

Make a Wish card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Ellen Hutson
My images are from the Essentials by Ellen Handful stamp set.  I stamped them at the bottom of a white cardstock panel, then used Copic markers to color in the arm/hand image.  It doesn't show in the photo, but I used a glitter brush pen to add a light coating of clear glitter over the dandelion image.  I matted the panel on a piece of silver cardstock, then adhered it to a gray card base.  To bring in a little interest, I cut an angled panel for the top of the card from striped gray cardstock using a stitched border die.  The shape of the die required a little creative cutting, but I think it worked out okay and ended up cutting the slanted sides pretty evenly. After backing the angled panel with foam tape, I adhered it to the top of the card to finish the design.

Materials Used:
Handful stamp set (Essentials by Ellen); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); clear Sparkle glitter brush pen (Spectrum Noir); Gravel Gray cardstock (My Favorite Things); Silver cardstock (Recollections); Hello Sunshine 6x6 paper pad (Pink Paislee); Stitched Basic Edges dies (My Favorite Things); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. How lovely and simple! This is beautiful, Lori, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, elegant card! Thanks for joining us at the Fusion challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, Lori! Crisp and clean...... and oh so perfect for the Fusion challenge/gallery!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips