Monday, August 12, 2019

You Saved the Day

You Saved the Day card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I used the superhero image from the You're Super set as my focal image in front of a semi-circular cityscape background panel.  The image was colored with Copic markers and cut out eith the matching die.  I used circle dies to cut circles from black cardstock and a piece of yellow grid patterned paper.  I trimmed down the circles, then matted the yellow with the larger black piece after adding the skyline border along the bottom.  After adhering the cityscape to a blue card base, I added the image on top using foam tape for dimension.  The set's "you saved the day" sentiment was stamped on a red fishtail flag strip that I tucked beneath the raised image to finish the design.

Materials Used:
You're Super stamp set, You're Super, Skyline Border, and Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Brocade Blue and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Red Punch cardstock (Recollections); patterned paper (Studio Calico); circle dies (Spellbinders); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips