Monday, September 23, 2019

Let Your Troubles Float Away

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  If you look closely, you can see the four horizontal lines across the card that form the background for my design.

Let Your Troubles Float Away card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite Things
My lines are "waves" made by using a blue distress oxide and a curved piece of cardstock as a stencil on a light blue card base.  They're not straight like the lines in the sketch, but there are four and they are parallel, so I think it's close enough to count!  I topped the waves with the cutie from the Drink Up the Sunshine stamp set.  She was colored up with Copic markers, then cut out with my Scan 'n Cut machine.  I used foam tape to adhere the cutout image to the cardfront.  I paired her with the "let your troubles float away" sentiment from the Hey, Sunshine stamp set, stamped at the bottom of the card.

Materials Used:
Drink Up the Sunshine and Hey, Sunshine stamp sets, Sno Cone cardstock (My Favorite Things);  Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Broken China distress oxide (Ranger); markers (Copic); Landscape Trio dies (Mama Elephant); clear crystal (Martha Stewart); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips