Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Thanks a Latte

Here's my card for the current Fusion challenge.  I combined the sketch with elements from the inspiration photo (coffee cup, woodgrain texture) to create this simple thank you card.

Thanks a Latte card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Lawn FawnMy coffee cup is from Lawn Fawn's Thanks a Latte stamp set.  I colored it with Copic markers, then cut out the image by hand.  For the decorative foam inside the cup, I stamped the image with white pigment ink, then heat embossed it in white.  To make a background for the cup, I dressed up a scrap of woodgrain paper from a patterned paper pad with a strip of narrow cream trim along one edge.  The woodgrain panel was placed at the bottom of an aqua card base.  I added the cup on top using foam tape for dimension.  For the sentiment, I used LF's Scripty Thanks die to cut the word "thanks" three times from teal cardstock.  The die cuts were stacked for dimension, then adhered to the woodgrain panel.  The "a latte" from the Thanks a Latte stamp set was stamped in teal ink on a narrow aqua panel and added beneath the die cut word to finish the sentiment.

Materials Used:
Thanks a Latte stamp set (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black and Memento Luxe Wedding Dress inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Tropical Teal ink (My Favorite Things); markers (Copic); Aqua Mist cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Taken with Teal cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Necessities-Wood 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); Snow embossing powder (Recollections); cream trim; foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous take on the challenge, Lori! Great idea to flip the sketch and I love your woodgrain panel! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips