Saturday, October 5, 2019

Buzzing by to Say Hello

Here's my card for the current challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.  I used three images from the SugarPea Designs Hey Honey set to represent the layout's trio of square elements.

Buzzing by to Say Hello card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from SugarPea Designs
I stamped the set's bear image on kraft cardstock and paper pieced the details of its face, then cut out the stamped image with the matching die.  The bee and hive images were stamped on cardstock scraps and cut out with the matching dies. I added details to each of the images with markers--Copics on the hive image and a glitter brush pen on the bee's wings.  I arranged the trio of images on a blue card base, using foam tape to position them on the cardfront.  Once the images were in place, I stamped the little trail behind the bee image and the set's "buzzing my to say hello" sentiment to the right of the bear image to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Hey Honey stamp set, Hey Honey dies (SugarPea Designs); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Baja Breeze and More Mustard cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Lemon Drop cardstock (My Favorite Things); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. This is just so darned cute!!!♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so so cute! And such a brilliant idea for the sketch! I love it! Thank you for playing this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! That bear is adorable. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips