Saturday, October 12, 2019

Dragonfly Fusion

Here's my card for the current Fusion challenge.  I combined the sketch with elements from the inspiration photo, including the dragonfly image and the color scheme, to create this cheery card.

Hello Friend card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Paper Smooches
My focal image is the dragonfly from the Paper Smooches Giddy Bugs stamp set.  I colored the image with Copic markers and cut it out with the matching die.  It's hard to see in the photo, but I used a glitter brush pen to to add a subtle sparkle to the dragonfly's wings.  I found some pretty watercolor-looking patterned paper in my stash to use for a backdrop for the dragonfly.  I adhered the patterned paper to a turquoise card base, then added a turquoise circle matted on silver on top.  The "hello" sentiment was die cut from silver paper and positioned on the circle, then the "friend" from the Happy Camper set was stamped beneath the die cut word.  I used foam tape to adhere the dragonfly image to the bottom of the turquoise panel.  A trio of silver glitter enamel dots arranged around the dragonfly completed the design.

Materials Used:
Giddy Bugs and Happy Camper stamp sets, Giddy Bugs and Hello Words dies (Paper Smooches); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); clear Sparkle Glitter Brush pen (Spectrum Noir); Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Silver cardstock (Recollections); Echo 6x6 paper collection (Memory Box); circle dies (Spellbinders); silver enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Super cute take on the sketch and I love that you chose this Dragonfly'Giddy Bug'...so clever and fun! Beautiful Copic coloring too, Lori! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips