Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Happiest of Birthdays

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I used a trio of coordinating patterned paper scraps from the same paper pad to put this girly birthday card together in no time at all.

Happiest of Birthdays to You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I'm always trying to use up patterned paper scraps and this layout was perfect for doing just that!  I arranged the three patterned paper panels on a yellow cardstock panel, leaving just a small border of yellow showing all around each piece.  The panel was adhered to a rose card base that coordinated with the pinks in two of the patterned pieces.  I die cut a long fishtail flag strip from a piece of pale pink cardstock and stamped one of the sentiments from the Bitty Birthday Wishes set on the strip in black ink.  The stamped fishtail flag strip was adhered to the bottom patterned paper panel using foam tape for dimension.  I accented it with a trio of matte pink enamel dots that matched the strip.  The dots work nicely with the dotted pattern in one of the papers and add a little pop to the card.

Materials Used:
Bitty Birthday Wishes stamp set, Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Barely Banana and Regal Rose cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Sweet Blush cardstock (Papertrey Ink); My Girl 6x6 paper pad (American Crafts); pink matte enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips