Tuesday, October 22, 2019

I Couldn't Have Picked a Sweeter Friend

Here's my card for October's Reverse Confetti Stock Your Stash challenge.  This month's theme is Thanksgiving/friendship.  I don't send too many (if any!) Thanksgiving cards, so I went with a fall friendship design using RC's Honey Bear stamp set.

I Couldn't Have Picked a Sweeter Friend card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Reverse Confetti
I stamped up a bunch of the set's images to make a simple scene.  The bear, apples, and tree trunk were colored with Copic markers and cut out with the matching dies.  The leafy tree top was stamped in green ink, then die cut.  I filled in the open spaces by stamping apples that I colored with Copic markers.  All of the white space left around the leaves and apples didn't sit well with my eyes, so I used an ink blending brush and some Shabby Shutters distress ink to cover the stamped images.  Once the pieces were finished, I used foam tape to arrange them on a blue panel with a strip of green "grass" along the bottom.  I adhered the scene to a golden yellow card base over a red cardstock strip. The set's "I couldn't have picked a sweeter friend" sentiment was stamped on the red strip, just beneath the sweet scene, to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Honey Bear stamp set, Honey Bear dies (Reverse Confetti); Memento Tuxedo Black and Pistachio inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Shabby Shutters distress ink (Ranger); markers (Copic); Harvest Gold and Spring Rain cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Red Punch cardstock (Recollections); Factory Green cardstock (My Favorite Things); Crystal Stardream cardstock (The Paper Cut); Grass border punch (Fiskars); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips