Monday, October 21, 2019

Cheers to Your Birthday

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I usually don't mix metallics, but I used both gold and silver for this birthday design.

Cheers to Your Birthday card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
My focal image is a die cut champagne glass made with a die from the Let's Toast stamp set and colored in with Copic markers.  I used foam tape to adhere the colored die cut to a silver pieced rectangle die cut.  The image panel was adhered over a gold pierced rectangle die cut positioned at the top of a dark gray card base.  For the sentiment, I stamped the "cheers to your birthday" sentiment from the Spirited Sentiments stamp set in silver ink on a narrow gray cardstock strip.  After heat embossing the text in silver, I used foam tape to place the sentiment strip over the stem of the glass to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Spirited Sentiments stamp set, Steel Grey cardstock, Let's Toast and Pierced Rectangle STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Delicata Silvery Shimmer ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); silver and gold paper (Target); Sterling Silver embossing powder (Stampin' Up!); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips