Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Happy Bee-Day

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I used MFT's Meant to Bee stamp set to make a birthday card.

Happy Bee-Day card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
My focal image is the set's beehive image.  I colored it with Copic markers, then cut it out with the matching die.  The hive was adhered to the left side of a background of dotted blue patterned paper with a strip of green "grass" along the bottom.  I stamped the set's "happy bee-day" sentiment on a yellow fishtail flag strip and used foam tape to position the strip over the beehive image.  To fill in the scene, I colored up a pair of bee images and arranged them to the right of the beehive image.  The finished panel was adhered to a yellow card base that matches the sentiment strip.

Materials Used:
Meant to Bee stamp set, Factory Green and Lemon Drop cardstock, Meant to Bee and Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); clear Sparkle glitter brush pen (Spectrum Noir); The Winter Combo matstack (DCWV); Grass border punch (Fiskars); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips