Monday, November 11, 2019

Merry and Bright

Here's my card for this month's holiday themed TCP Tuesday Challenge.  The layout is based on the current challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.  Its large panel was perfect for showing off one of TCP's signature big-eared bunnies!  This one is from the Santa Is Coming set. 

Merry and Bright card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from The Cat's Pajamas
I colored the image with Copic markers, then used my Scan 'n Cut machine to cut out the colored image.  After adding a little texture to the bunny's Santa hat with some white flock, I used foam tape to adhere the bunny to a white panel.  The panel was matted on contrasting red cardstock and placed on a piece of festive patterned paper.  To set the image off from the cardfront, I tucked a pair of layered rectangles, one gold and one green, beneath the top right corner of the panel.  The "merry and bright" sentiment was stamped on a red cardstock strip.  I edged the sentiment strip with a narrow strip of gold paper before adhering it to the patterned panel beneath the image panel.  The finished panel was adhered to a coordinating green card base.

Materials Used:
Santa is Coming stamp set (The Cat's Pajamas); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Red Punch cardstock (Recollections); Ripe Avocado cardstock (Papertrey Ink); gold paper (Target); patterned paper (Echo Park); white flock (Stampendous); foam tape

4 comments:

  1. Hi! We linked up next to one another on the Freshly Made Sketches challenge and so here I am! Your cute image caught my attention. Such pretty coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just makes e smile! I adore that rabbit and he is just the type to be driving a light bulb car! Cute as can be! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun and festive! That's my favorite bunny and I love him driving that little light bulb car! So cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips