Sunday, December 15, 2019

Cheers to You

Cheers to You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  I represented the layout's two long, narrow rectangles with the a pair of die cut champagne glasses left over from the holiday cards I was mass producing to send to family and friends.  The glasses were die cut from white vellum using a die from My Favorite Things and "filled" with gold foil bubbly champagne.  I adhered them to the right side of a gray card base. For the sentiment, I die cut the word "cheers" from gold foil paper and craft foam.  After layering the pieces for dimension, I adhered them to the cardfront, overlapping the stems of the glasses.  The "to you" from one of the sentiments in the Bitty Birthday Wishes set was stamped just beneath the die cut word in black ink to finish the design.

Materials Used:
Bitty Birthday Wishes stamp set, Layered Champagne Glass and Cheers dies (My Favorite Things); Versafine Clair Nocturne ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Weathervane cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Gold Foil cardstock, white vellum (Recollections); craft foam

3 comments:

  1. Perfect for the sketch!! I love the golden champagne! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Lori! I love the simplicity of this. The vellum, gold and grey are just perfect colors and so elegant. Thanks for playing along at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a "fizzy" take on the sketch! I'm French and I definitely can't resist Champagne! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips