Thursday, December 12, 2019

Happy Brrrthday

The theme for the current My Favorite Things Birthday Project is Shake, Move, and Groove.  It was the perfect opportunity to pull out the snowboarders in the Ready, Set, Snow stamp set to use on a slider card!

Happy Brrrthday card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I colored up the bear image with Copic markers, then cut out the colored image with my Scan n' Cut machine.  I adhered one side of a slider element to the back of the image and set it aside to build the background with the interactive element while the glue set.  My background was built on a light blue card base with some white pigment ink stenciled snow at the top.  I used MFT's Hit the Slopes dies and shimmery white cardstock to cut the snowy hills and the curved channel for my slider element.  After arranging them on the cardfront, I used the slider element to set the image in place. For the sentiment, I stamped the set's "happy brrrthday" sentiment in navy blue ink on a light blue Fishtail Flag strip and positioned the sentiment near the bottom of the card to keep the focus on the design's moveable element.

Materials Used:
Ready, Set, Snow stamp set, Hit the Slopes and Fishtail Flag STAX dies, slider element (My Favorite Things); Memento Luxe Wedding Dress, Memento Tuxedo Black and Nautical Blue inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Spring Rain cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Crystal Stardream cardstock (The Paper Cut); stencil (Tim Holtz); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips