Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Perfectly CAS Holiday

Happy Holidays card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite ThingsHere's my card for the current Perfectly CAS Christmas themed challenge.  I used a non-holiday themed die set to put this bold, simple design together.   I used the "happy" die from the My Favorite Things Celebrate die set to die cut a green cardstock panel.  The piece was adhered to the bottom of a white card base using foam tape for dimension.  To highlight the die cut word, I tucked a fun contrasting strip of patterned paper behind it.  I trimmed down a piece of green cardstock to fit the section of the white card base above the patterned paper strip, then adhered the panel to the cardfront using more foam tape.  To set off the die cut section, I edged the green panels with narrow strips of red cardstock.  The "holidays" sentiment from the Snow Globe Sentiments set was stamped directly on one of the narrow red strips, just beneath the die cut word.  A trio of silver glitter enamel dots were arranged around the sentiment as an accent to draw your eyes to the words.

Materials Used:
Snow Globe Sentiments stamp set, Celebrate dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); New Leaf cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Red Punch cardstock (Recollections); North Pole 6x6 paper pad (Doodlebug Design); silver glitter enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Lori, your card is a fresh, crisp festive delight! Love the colours! Thrilled to see you in the Perfectly CAS gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you were able to use a "non-holiday" die to create this festive card. Great job with the bright and bold colours. Thanks for joining us at Perfectly CAS.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips