Monday, December 9, 2019

Snow-one Else Like You

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I inked up one of the cute snowman images from the Frosty Friends set for my non-holiday, winter themed design. 

Snow-one Else Like You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite Things
The snowman was stamped on shimmery white cardstock for a snow-like sparkle and colored with Copic markers before it was cut out with my Scan 'n Cut machine.  For the background, I embossed a light blue cardstock panel with a snowflake pattern and brushed the raised portions of the panel with a shimmery ink pad for a frosty look and added a shimmery white curved panel with a stitched edge as a snowbank.  The image was positioned on to the scene using foam tape for dimension.  I matted the panel with red cardstock to match the snowman's scarf and mittens before adhering the scene to a light blue card base.  The image was framed with a pair of silver glitter tape strips.  I stamped the set's "there's snow-one else like you" sentiment directly on to one of the tape strips in black ink to finish the design.

Materials Used:
Frosty Friends stamp set (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black and Versamark Dazzle inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Spring Rain cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Red Punch cardstock (Recollections); Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Crystal Stardream cardstock (The Paper Cut); Landscape Trio dies (Mama Elephant); Snowflake embossing folder (Lifestyle Crafts); silver glitter tape (Target); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips