Friday, January 24, 2020

Celebrate Your Special Day

Here's my card for both the January Mix It Up challenge and Meant to Be Sent challenge at SugarPea Designs.  I paired the Mix It Up sketch with elements from the inspiration photo (color scheme, festive theme)  and the Meant to Be Sent birthday theme for this design with lots of sparkle and shine.  I didn't send it myself, but I gave it away to someone else to send off to a person with a January birthday, so I think that still counts!

SPD's dies definitely take center stage here!  I bused the Birthday Journal Card die set to cut the balloons, strings, and confetti pieces.  It doesn't really show in the photo, but the gold balloons are cut from gold foil paper so they're super shiny IRL.  I used foam tape to arrange the balloons at the top left side of the card, then scattered the gold die cut confetti pieces and a bunch of green and gold sequins around them.  For the sentiment, I die cut the word "celebrate" from gold foil paper and craft foam using the Celebrate die.  Afterlayering the two die cut pieces, I adhered them to the white panel beneath the balloon cluster.  The "your special day" sentiment from the Celebrate All the Things stamp set was stamped beneath the die cut piece in green ink.  I matted the panel on gold foil paper before adhering it to a white card base to finish the design.

Materials Used:
Celebrate All the Things stamp set, Birthday Journal Card and Celebrate dies (SugarPea Designs); Memento Bamboo Leaves ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); New Leaf cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Steel Grey cardstock (My Favorite Things); Gold Foil cardstock (Recollections); sequins; craft foam; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips