Friday, January 17, 2020

With Sympathy

Here's my take on the current Fusion challenge. I paired the sketch with elements from the inspiration photo (color scheme and images featuring natural elements) to create this sympathy card.

With Sympathy card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Instead of trees, I used flowers for my focal image. My flowers are from the My Favorite Things Flower Silhouettes stamp set.  I stamped them several times on a long pierced rectangle panel I created by doing some creative die cutting with a long pierced fishtail flag die.  I masked off the edges with sticky notes so that none of the flowers extended into the border between the pierced line and the edge of the panel.  The stamped panel was matted on dark brown cardstock, then on kraft cardstock.  I adhered the stamped piece to a dark brown cardstock panel over a white paper doily.  The panel was matted on kraft cardstock, then adhered to an easy to write on white card base.  For the sentiment, I stamped the "with sympathy" sentiment from the Essential Sentiments set on a narrow white strip in dark brown ink.  After matting the text on dark brown cardstock, I adhered it to the cardfront, overlapping both the image panel and the doily element.

Materials Used:
Flower Silhouettes and Essential Sentiments stamp sets, Pierced Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Espresso Truffle ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Early Espresso cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); paper doily; foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Lori, this card is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous take on the sketch and inspiration photo, Lori! I love how you paired the silhouette flowers with the lovely doily...it's the perfect background for a sympathy card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips