Sunday, January 19, 2020

You Spin Me Round

Here's my card for the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  As soon as I saw the layout, the record idea came to my mind and the Greatest Hits stamp set from SugarPea Designs was perfect for bringing my vision to paper!

You Spin Me Round card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from SugarPea Designs
I used a large circle die and black cardstock to create my record album.  I adhered the rounded piece to a card base covered with a multicolored chevron patterned paper panel, trimming the edges of the black panel so they were even with the edges of the cardfront.  For the record album's "label," I cut a second smaller circle from red cardstock and punched a hole in it before adhering it to the black panel and trimming down the edge.  The "you spin me round like a record" sentiment was positioned on a clear block to match the curve of the rounded piece, then stamped in white pigment ink. I heat embossed the text in white so it would really pop against the black background. I thought about adding some enamel dots as an accent, but in the end, kept the design clean and simple.

Materials Used:
Greatest Hits stamp set (SugarPea Designs); Memento Luxe Wedding Dress ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Poppy Parade and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Boy Crazy 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); circle dies (Spellbinders); 1/4" circle punch (EK Success); Snow embossing powder (Recollections)

3 comments:

  1. I love this card. Great concept and love the cool colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great card and a fun take on the sketch! I just love that record! Great sentiment too! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific design, Lori! I love the record taking center stage and the fun designer paper. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips