Monday, February 3, 2020

Happy Bee-Day

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I used images from MFT's Meant to Bee set to create a simple scene along the right side of the card, with the images representing the sketch's various sized round elements.

Happy Bee-Day card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I stamped the set's beehive and bees, then colored the images with Copic markers before cutting them out with the matching dies. They were arranged on an aqua dotted panel using foam tape for dimension.  After I positioned the images, I filled in the scene with a variety of different sized clouds cut from shimmery white cardstock.  The dotted panel was adhered to the right side of a cheery yellow card base. I edged it with a narrow strip of aqua cardstock for a clean transition between the solid card base and the patterned panel. The set's "happy bee-day" sentiment was stamped in aqua ink on a white Slanted Sentiment Strips die cut and placed on the cardfront with foam tape

Materials Used:
Meant to Bee stamp set, Lemon Drop cardstock, Meant to Bee, Cute Cloud Outlines, and Slanted Sentiment Strips dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Iced Aqua ink (Reverse Confetti); markers (Copic); Aqua Mist cardstock, Aqua Mist patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); Crystal Stardream cardstock (The Paper Cut); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips