Sunday, February 2, 2020

Hats Off

Hats Off card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Avery Elle
Here's my card for the current challenge at CAS Colours and Sketches.  I used the row of raised hand images from Avery Elle's Hats Off stamp set to represent the layout's lineup of elements across the top of the card.  The images were colored with Copic markers, then fussy cut with sharp scissors, keeping them connected along the bottom to help me line them up when assembling the card.  I adhered a red cardstock panel beneath the line of images, using a narrow strip of gray cardstock to hide the seam between the image and the larger panel.  The set's "hats off to you" sentiment was stamped at the bottom of the red panel in black ink.  I used foam tape to place the panel at the bottom of a blue card base.

Materials Used:
Hats Off stamp set (Avery Elle); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Brocade Blue cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Smokey Shadow cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Red Punch cardstock (Recollections); foam tape

4 comments:

  1. Fun card! Love your use of the sketch! Thank you for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have often kicked myself for not getting this set while my daughter was still in high school. I adore how you used it for the sketch challenge. Such a fun grad card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the CC&S challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your interpretation of the sketch, Lori! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous! What a great graduation card, thanks for playing along with us at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips