Monday, February 24, 2020

Thanks for Sticking Your Neck Out for Me

Thanks for Sticking Your Neck Out for Me card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I used the layout to make an animal themed thank you card.

My focal image is the giraffe from the Sweet Safari set.  The tall, narrow image was perfect for the layout's long panel.  I colored the image with Copic markers, then used my Scan 'n Cut machine to cut out the colored image.  It was adhered to a light blue panel with foam tape for dimension.  To ground the image, I tucked a strip of green cardstock cut with a grass border punch beneath the raised image.  The "thanks for sticking your neck out for me" sentiment was stamped on the green piece in black ink.  I matted the panel on kraft cardstock, then set it aside to build the rest of the cardfront.  I cut two narrow plaid patterned paper strips and matted them with coordinating golden yellow cardstock.  The strips were adhered to opposite edges of a green cardstock panel, then the matted image panel was placed on top.  The finished panel was adhered to a golden yellow card base matching the mats beneath the patterned paper strips.

Materials Used:
Sweet Safari stamp set, Factory Green cardstock (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic);Soft Sky cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Harvest Gold and Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Perfectly Plaid-Chill 6x6 paper pad (Lawn Fawn); grass border punch (Fiskars); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips