Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Flying by to Say Hi

Here's my card for the current sketch at CAS(e) this Sketch.  I used stamps from Papertrey Ink for this simple design.

Flying by to Say Hi card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Papertrey Ink
I started my card on a light blue cardstock panel. The layout's row of connected circles is represented here by a cloud border die.  My clouds were cut from shimmery white cardstock to add interest to the element.  I adhered the border strip directly to the bottom of the light blue panel, trimming the edges of the border strip to be flush with the panel's edges.  I stamped the airplane from PTI's Little Hot Rod stamp set in red ink on a matching die cut piece, then used foam tape to adhere the plane over the cloud strip.  The set's "flying by to say hi" sentiment was stamped beneath the clouds in navy ink.  I matted the panel on navy cardstock, then adhered it to a red card base that matches the color of the plane image.

Materials Used:
Little Hot Rod stamp set, Little Hot Rod dies (Papertrey Ink); Memento Lady Bug and Nautical Blue inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Bashful Blue cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Red Punch and Navy cardstock (Recollections); Crystal Stardream cardstock (The Paper Cut); Cloud Border die (The Cat's Pajamas); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips