Monday, March 23, 2020

Just Bee-Cause

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I turned to one of my most frequently used MFT sets, Meant to Bee, for this all-occasion design.

Just Bee-Cause card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I colored up the beehive image and two of the bees with Copic markers, then used the matching dies to cut out the colored images.  For a background, I cut a rectangle of dotted aqua patterned paper.  The hive and one of the bees were adhered to the panel with foam tape.   I squeezed in the "just bee-cause" sentiment just to the left of the hive underneath the bee image.  After matting the image panel with darker aqua cardstock, I adhered it to the bottom of an aqua card base over a diagonal strip of bright yellow cardstock.  The remaining bee was adhered to the cardfront above the image panel using more foam tape to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Meant to Bee stamp set, Lemon Drop cardstock, Meant to Bee dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Aqua Mist and Hawaiian Shores cardstock, Aqua Mist patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips