Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Let's Celebrate You

Here's my card for the current Fusion challenge.  I paired the sketch with elements from the inspiration photo (color scheme, cake image, metallic gold) for this birthday themed design.

Let's Celebrate You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Concord & 9th
My background was pieced together with gold and light blue pieces arranged at the left side of a white cardstock panel.  I topped the mosaic-looking section with a die cut cake created with Concord & 9th's Cake Layers dies.  It's hard to see in the photo, but I dotted each candle flame with some Gold Liquid Pearls for dimension and shine--and I managed not to smear the dots before they dried!    The "let's celebrate you" sentiment from C&9th's Modern Frame stamp set was stamped on the white portion of the panel in light blue ink.  It doesn't show well in the photo, but is easier to see IRL.  I matted the finished panel on a coordinating light blue card base to complete the design.   It's always good to have another birthday card to add to my stash!

Materials Used:
Modern Frame stamp set, Cake Layers dies (Concord & 9th dies); Memento Summer Sky ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts);Spring Rain cardstock (Papertrey Ink); gold paper (Target); Gold Pearl Liquid Pearls (Ranger); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Love this, Lori! Thanks for playing along with us at Fusion card challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips