Monday, March 30, 2020

Cheers

Cheers card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I represented the layout's three elements with three die cut glasses. The champagne flute and wine glasses were cut from vellum for a somewhat transparent, glass-like look. I filled in the flute with a gold die cut and colored white cardstock pieces to add to the wine glasses.  Mine have a very generous pour!  I adhered the trio of glasses to a rich red cardstock panel.  The panel was matted on gray cardstock, then adhered to a matching scarlet cardstock card base.  For the sentiment, I cut the outline for the word "cheers" from gold foil cardstock, then added the matching letters cut from gray cardstock on top.  The word was adhered to the center of a fishtail flag strip.  I used foam tape to adhere the sentiment strip to the card, overlapping the stems of all three glasses.

Materials Used:
Layered Champagne Glass, Let's Toast, Essential Fishtail Flag Sentiment Strips, and Simply Cheers dies (My Favorite Things); Scarlet Jewel and Smokey Shadow cardstock (Papertrey Ink); gold foil cardstock, vellum (Recollections); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips