Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Monochromatic Type

Here's my card for the current Fusion challenge.  I combined the sketch with elements from the inspiration photo (office setting, clean lines, and gray and white color scheme) to put together this simple design.

You're Seriously the Best card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Lawn Fawn
I used Lawn Fawn's You're Just My Type for my focal image.  I did a little creative stamping to stamp just the file cabinet section of the set's desk image.  The stamped file cabinet and classic typewriter images were colored with Copic markers before I cut them out with my Scan n' Cut machine. I used foam tape to arrange the images on a narrow white panel with a strip of gray along the bottom to ground the pieces.  For the sentiment, I stamped the "you're seriously the best" sentiment from the coordinating Love Letters stamp set on the "paper" tucked behind the typewriter image.   After matting the image panel on gray cardstock, I adhered it to a light gray card base with a block of subtly patterned paper at the bottom.

Materials Used:
You're Just My Type and Love Letters stamp sets, Hello Sunshine 6x6 paper pad (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic);Soft Stone and Weathervane cardstock (Papertrey Ink); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful take on the sketch, Lori! I love your neutral color palette and clean lines ~ Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips