Sunday, March 1, 2020

Petals 'n Posies Thank You

Here's my card for the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  I made a floral thank you card using stamps and dies from Reverse Confetti

Thank You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Reverse Confetti
I built my card on a patterned paper panel that's busier than I'd usually use to cover a cardfront when I'm using stamped images.  In this case, I thought the flowers from the Petals 'n Posies set would be big enough to stand out from the patterned background.  I used the tag die from RC's Tag Me die set to make a wide fishtail flag panel out of a piece of solid cardstock.  The panel was placed at the top left of the patterned paper panel, then topped with the floral images.  For more dimension, I dotted the center of each flower with an enamel dot.  For the sentiment, I used RC's Thank You stamp set and coordinating dies.  The "thank you" sentiment was stamped in teal ink on aqua cardstock, then cut out with the matching die.  I used super narrow pieces of foam tape to adhere the die cut words to the bottom of the patterned panel, then centered the panel on a coordinating green card base.

Materials Used:
Petals 'n Posies and Thank You stamp sets, Petals 'n Posies, Tag Me, and Thank You dies (Reverse Confetti); Orchid, Lemon Grass, and Aquamarine pigment inks (Avery Elle) ;Tropical Teal ink (My Favorite Things); Hawaiian Shores and Green Parakeet cardstock (Papertrey Ink); designer paper (My Mind's Eye); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card! I love the colors and the patterns. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful card! I love that background paper and those sweet flowers! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This paper is fantastic and I love the bold sentiment. Pretty card! So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips