Friday, April 24, 2020

Bee Happy

The theme for the current Paper Smooches challenge is "happy things."  I made a happy themed design using PS's Bee Mine stamp set and Honeycomb die.

Bee Happy card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Paper Smooches
After stamping the bee image, I colored it with Copic markers and added some sparkle to the wings with a glitter brush pen.  I cut out the image with the coordinating die, then used foam tape to adhere it to a light blue card base over a die cut honeycomb. Honeycombs aren't really a shiny gold, but I really like how the die cut looks when it's cut from this paper! For the sentiment, I combined the "bee" from the Bee Mine set and the "happy" from a birthday sentiment in the Sentiment Sampler set.  The words were stamped on a yellow circle, then matted on slightly larger gold and yellow circles. I used more foam tape to place the sentiment at the lower right side of the honeycomb piece.  A few silver sequins around the honeycomb added a final touch of sparkle to the design. I adhered the finished panel to a yellow card base to match the bee and sentiment panel.

Materials Used:
Bee Mine and Sentiment Sampler stamp sets, Bee Mine and Honeycomb dies (Paper Smooches); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Bright Buttercup cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Sno Cone cardstock (My Favorite Things); Gold Foil cardstock (Recollections); circle punches (EK Success); silver sequins; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips