Thursday, April 23, 2020

Not So In Season's Greetings

Here's my card for the current (for a few more hours) challenge at CAS(e) this Sketch.  I created a holiday themed design using a trio of adorable mini snowmen images from Hello Bluebird.

Season's Greetings card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Hello Bluebird
I stamped the snowmen on shimmery white cardstock and used Copic markers to color the images.  The markers bleed a bit more on this cardstock than they do on the cardstock I usually do, so my coloring isn't as detailed as I'd like it to be... Once I finished coloring the images, I used my Scan 'n Cut to cut out the colored images. To add some texture, I used white flock on the trim on the snowmen's hats.  They were adhered to light blue squares with foam tape for dimension. After I matted the squares on slightly larger red cardstock squares, I arranged the squares along the bottom of a light blue card base. The "season's greetings" sentiment from the Typed Christmas stamp set was stamped in red just above the center and right snowman to finish the design.

Materials Used:
Frosty Littles and Typed Christmas stamp sets (Hello Bluebird); Memento Tuxedo Black and Lady Bug inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Sno Cone cardstock (My Favorite Things); Red Punch cardstock (Recollections); white flock (Stampendous); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips