Thursday, April 2, 2020

Flower Silhouette Birthday Wishes

The theme for this month's My Favorite Things Birthday Project is flowers. I don't have many floral stamps in my collection, so I turned to the elegant and classic Flower Silhouettes stamp set for my card.

Flower Silhouette Birthday Wishes card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite Things
I used white pigment ink to stamp one of the floral images twice on a pale purple cardstock panel--don't ask me what kind of flower it is...After heat embossing the images with white embossing powder, I used a brush to ink over the embossed images with purple distress oxide to add more contrast to the panel.  The ink got a little heavier than I'd planned, but I'm still okay with how it turned out. I adhered the stamped panel to a white cardstock panel and positioned a darker purple cardstock strip just below the image panel to anchor it.  The "birthday wishes" sentiment from the longer "belated birthday wishes" sentiment in the Bitty Birthday Wishes stamp set was stamped in dark purple ink on a narrow pale purple cardstock strip.  I tucked the top edge of the stamped strip beneath the purple strip that runs across the card.  The finished panel was adhered to a dark purple card base.  All I need to do is line the inside of the card with some white cardstock and it's ready to go out in the mail!

Materials Used:
Flower Silhouettes and Bitty Birthday Wishes stamp sets (My Favorite Things); Memento Grape Jelly and Memento Luxe Wedding Dress inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Wilted Violet distress oxide (Ranger); Royal Velvet and Lilac Grace cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Snow embossing powder (Recollections)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips