Friday, April 3, 2020

Let's Taco 'bout Your Birthday

Here's my card for the current Lawn Fawnatics birthday themed challenge.  It seemed appropriate to use one of Lawn Fawn's annual "birthday" sets, so I used the taco themed Year 9 set as the starting point for my design.

Let's Taco 'bout Your Birthday card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Lawn Fawn
I colored up the taco and party hat from the Year 9 set using Copic markers, then decided to add a few more pieces to go with the taco. I stamped and colored an avocado from the So Smooth set and a drink from the So Smooth set to round things out.  I arranged the images on a kraft circle die cut using foam tape for dimension.  Let's just pretend that the scale of the images works, okay?  The round panel was adhered to a cheery yellow cardfront at the left side of a red pierced rectangle panel.  I stamped the birthday sentiment on two narrow red cardstock strips and used more foam tape to position them so the text overlapped the bottom of the taco image and extended off the left edge of the round panel.  For balance, I added a yellow grosgrain ribbon tab anchored with a button to the upper right side of the image panel to finish the design. 

Materials Used:
Year Nine, Let's Toast, and So Smooth stamp sets, Let's Toast and So Smooth dies (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Harvest Gold and Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Red Punch cardstock (Recollections); Pierced Circle STAX and Pierced Rectangle STAX dies (My Favorite Things); yellow baker's twine; red button; foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips