Monday, April 6, 2020

You Are Appreciated

You Are Appreciated card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I created a teacher themed design in honor of all of my teacher colleagues who have had to quickly adapt to a new reality to meet the needs of their students in the face of the current pandemic.  I work in the elementary curriculum office for one of the country's largest school districts and I can tell you firsthand that getting distance learning up and running at the district level in two weeks is a monumental challenge with many complicated moving and interrelated parts.  This wouldn't be easy to pull off under even the best of circumstances and with ample lead time, but in a time of uncertainty under an accelerated timeline, it is has been a beast. While I'm not actually teaching day to day, the behind the scenes lift is heavy, too.  I'm looking forward to a few days off later on this week to refresh and recharge thanks to some required state holidays.

Anyway, my teacher is from the MFT Lessons in Love set. I colored her up with Copic markers and used my Scan 'n Cut machine to cut out the colored image.  To make a background for the image, I die cut a rounded banner from kraft cardstock. The image was adhered slightly to the right of the center of the panel using foam tape for dimension.  I stamped the "you are appreciated" sentiment from the Favorite Teacher set on a white fishtail flag strip and positioned the strip on the kraft panel just beneath the raised image.  I accented the panel with a simple knotted piece of red dotted grosgrain ribbon.  The image panel was adhered to a striped patterned paper panel and matted on kraft cardstock. The finished panel was adhered to a red cardfront to coordinate with the patterned paper panel.

Materials Used:
Lessons in Love and Favorite Teacher stamp sets, Rounded Banner STAX and Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Red Punch cardstock (Recollections); red dotted grosgrain ribbon; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips