Sunday, April 5, 2020

You Rock

You Rock card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Lil' Inker Designs
Here's my card for the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  I stretched the layout to an A2 sized card, but still kept the trio of elements the main feature of the design.

I represented the three circles with two different sizes of die cut silver stitched stars. They were arranged on a narrow strip of dark gray cardstock that I used as a transition between a pale gray solid cardstock panel and a black and white chevron patterned paper strip.  There was just enough room to stamp the "you rock" sentiment from the Lil' Inker Designs Seriously Awesome stamp set to the left of the stars  in black ink. The finished panel was adhered to a dark gray cardfront that matches the narrow cardstock strip beneath the stars.

Materials Used:
Seriously Awesome stamp set, Stitched Stars dies (Lil' Inker Designs); Versafine Clair Nocturne ink  (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Grout Gray cardstock (My Favorite Things); Smokey Shadow cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Silver cardstock (Recollections); patterned paper (Studio Calico); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. I love the three bold stars on the graphic background. You've inspired me to bring out that stamp set and do the same for my college-aged sons who are struggling a bit with the isolation of online school. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love your graphic take on the sketch. And I love the classy neutral colors too. So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips