Saturday, April 18, 2020

You Are Fabulous

Here's my card for the current challenge at Global Design Project.  I included several elements from the inspiration photo when putting together my design, including the color scheme, tulip images, and white focal panel with a warm yellow glow behind it.

You Are Fabulous card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Reverse Confetti
My white focal panel is a tag die cut, cut with Reverse Confetti's Tag Me die.  I dressed up the tag with a pair of tulips and a pair of leaves from RC's Blooms 'n Buds stamp set, adhered at the bottom left corner with foam tape.  After inking the center of a white panel with yellow distress ink, I adhered the tag to the panel, angling it for interest. For the sentiment, I stamped the "you are" from the You're So stamp set at the top of the tag in orange ink.  To complete the sentiment, I die cut the word "fabulous" from lemon yellow cardstock using the coordinating You're So die and placed the die cut beneath the stamped text, extending on to the inked panel.  For a finished look, I topped the tag with a white organdy bow whipped up with my Bow Easy.  I matted the panel on shiny gold paper, then adhered it on a cheery yellow card base to match the tulips and die cut sentiment.

Materials Used:
Blooms 'n Buds and You're So stamp sets, Blooms 'n Buds, You're So, and Tag Me dies (Reverse Confetti); Memento Tangelo, Memento Luxe Morocco and Dandelion inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Lemon Grass and Celery inks (Avery Elle); Mustard Seed distress ink (Ranger); Lemon Tart cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Gold Foil cardstock (Recollections); white organdy ribbon; Bow Easy; foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips