Sunday, May 24, 2020

Being Your Friend Has Its Perks


It's time for the Spring/Summer Coffee Lover's Blog Hop!  My card for the hop uses the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge for the layout along with MFT's Cool Cup dies and coordinating Stay Cool stamps.

Being Your Friend Has Its Perks card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I made a summery pink drink using the dies and some Worn Lipstick distress oxide applied with a brush.  I tried to make the color less intense at the center of the die cut to give the appearance of a plastic cup.  The cup with its whipped topping and signature green straw was assembled on a pale pink pierced rectangle panel using foam tape for dimension.  I matted the panel on yellow cardstock, then adhered it to the center of a fun patterned paper panel.  The pattern reminds me of looking down on colorful beach umbrellas--which would be a welcome sight at this time!  For the sentiment, I stamped the "being your friend has its perks" sentiment in Worn Lipstick distress oxide on a yellow cardstock strip. The strip was adhered over the cup using foam tape for dimension while still keeping the design easy to mail.

Materials Used:
Stay Cool stamp set, Cool Cup and Pierced Rectangle STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Worn Lipstick distress oxide (Ranger); Lemon Tart and New Leaf cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Pink Pirouette cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Summer Bliss 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); foam tape

7 comments:

 
Blogging tips