Monday, May 25, 2020

Keeping Christmas - May 2020



It's time for the May Keeping Christmas blog hop! Kelly Lunceford started this many months ago and eventually the former team of "The Challenge" designers came to be a part of it.  We share holiday cards and projects with you on the 25th of each month to show you different ideas, techniques or projects to help you get a jump start on your holiday cards and tags for the coming year.  All of the designers have projects to share with you today. You'll find a list of the participating designers at the bottom of my post so you can stop by and admire their creativity while collecting some ideas for your holiday card creating.

Peace Love Joy card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Papertrey InkI used the current sketch from The Paper Craft Crew and some leftovers from a holiday card design I mass produced years ago for this simple, easy to reproduce design.  The "leftover" is the white die cut felt dove.  I used it as the focal image in my design, adhering it to a pink panel over a silver double ended banner strip and a piece of red plaid washi tape.  The dove was accented with a small silver snowflake, rescued from my scrap pile and  dotted with a clear crystal at the center. I stamped the "peace love joy" sentiment from Papertrey Ink's Fillable Frames #8 stamp set to the right of the dove in red ink, then adhered the panel to a red card base to finish the design.  Now that I look at it again, I think I'd like it better if the dove had a clear crystal for its eye, so I may go back and switch it out...

Don't miss what the rest of our team has created to inspire you to get a head start on your holiday card making!  There is a lot of inspiration and ideas to get your creative juices flowing.  Here's where to find the team members:

Lori Tecler - you're here!

Materials Used:
Fillable Frames #8 stamp set, Peace Be Still and Double Ended Banner dies (Papertrey Ink); Memento Rhubarb Stalk ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Blushing Bride cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Silver cardstock, plaid washi tape (Recollections); Snowflake Lace die (The Cat's Pajamas); blue and clear self-adhesive crystals; foam tape

8 comments:

  1. Lori, I love that you die cut felt for your card. This is absolutely lovely! Thank you for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Lori! The felt is perfect for the sweet dove!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Lori! I love this layout and I love the feel of the felt on the card, it adds so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, Lori! I love your gentle but warm colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet design! I love everything about it!❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clean & Simple for Christmas. I like that. Thanks for joining us on the Paper Craft Crew Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the colors you used for this card! Such a great combination! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card, I love the colors for this one! Thanks for being a part of this weeks challenge at the Paper Craft Crew!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips