Thursday, May 7, 2020

Happy Cake Day

Happy Cake Day card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for the current circle themed Birthday Project challenge at My Favorite Things.  It's been a while since I made a card with a fancy fold, so I created one for the challenge that incorporates two circles.  The round image panel and the smaller round sentiment panel are prominent elements on my flap fold card design. The round sentiment panel holds the top pale pink flap in place.  Once the flap is lifted up, the cupcake image is still visible and there's plenty of room inside to write a message.

The yummy cupcake from the Birthdays Take the Cake stamp set is my focal image.  I colored the cupcake and the cherry with Copic markers, then used foam tape to adhere the colored image to a pale pink stitched circle die cut.  It's hard to see in the photo, but the cherry was coated with Glossy Accents to give it a shiny look.  The circle was matted on a slightly larger orange panel, then nested inside the half circle opening at the top of the card base.  A pretty piece of pink and orange striped patterned paper was placed on the front of the card to contrast with the solid pale pink background.  For a decorative edge, I cut the edge of the pale pink flap with one of the Stitched Scallop Edges dies before adding the "happy cake day" sentiment with foam tape.  The raised panel allow the flap to be tucked securely in place and to be lifted to reveal the message inside. 

Materials Used:
Birthdays Take the Cake stamp set, Orange Fizz cardstock, Stitched Scallop Edges dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); clear glitter brush pen (Spectrum Noir); Pink Pirouette cardstock, designer paper (Stampin' Up!); circle dies (Spellbinders); stitched circle dies (Lil' Inker Designs); Glossy Accents (Ranger); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips