Friday, May 8, 2020

Thank You for Helping Me Grow

Here's my card for the current Fusion challenge.  I paired the sketch with elements from the inspiration photo, including the apple image and teacher thank you theme, to put together this simple design.

Thank You for Helping Me Grow card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Lil' Inker Designs
My focal image is the large die from the Apple Shaker die set from Lil' Inker Designs.  I die cut the apple and assembled the pieces, then adhered it to a piece of grid patterned paper over a strip of cream cardstock edged with olive.  I wanted to use notebook patterned paper in a nod to the notebook pattern on the cookies in the inspiration photo, but I couldn't find any at the time so I went with the still school-inspired grid pattern... For the sentiment, I die cut the word "teacher" from olive green cardstock using LID's Teacher Word die.  I adhered the sentiment directly on the panel, overlapping both the apple and the cream strip. There was just enough room left below to stamp the "thank you for helping me grow" sentiment beneath th edie cut word in dark brown ink. The finished panel was adhered to a red card base to match the die cut apple.

Materials Used:
Apple of My Eye stamp set, Apple Shaker and Teacher Word dies (Lil' Inker Designs); Memento Espresso Truffle ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Old Olive and Chocolate Chip cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Red Punch cardstock (Recollections); Basics Manila paper pad (Basic Grey)

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous take on the sketch and inspiration photo, Lori!! I love that you chose the bold red apple for your focal point and your grid pattern is such a great way to add texture to your design! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome teacher card! You rocked both the sketch and the inspiration photo! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips