Thursday, May 28, 2020

Jumpin' Up to Say Yay

Here's my card for the current challenge at The Paper Players.  I used the layout's large panel for a fun scene featuring stamps from Lawn Fawn's Really High Five stamp set.

Jumpin' Up to Say Yay card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Lawn Fawn
I built the scene on a panel that I inked with a cloud stencil and distress oxides.  The color's a bit dark and makes the sky look a little foreboding, so I probably should have gone with a lighter combination of blues... I added a pair of green strips punched with a grass border punch at the bottom of the inked panel.  After coloring the set's trampoline and bouncy bunny and mouse images with Copic markers and cutting out the colored images with my Scan 'n Cut machine, I used foam tape to adhere the images to the background.  To fill in the scene, I added a die cut sun and cloud made with dies from the Spring Showers stamp set.  The panel was matted on teal cardstock, then adhered to a light green card base.  The "jumpin' up to say yay" sentiment was stamped in teal ink on a green cardstock strip and matted on teal cardstock.  I adhered it to the cardfront, tucking it beneath the top of the raised mouse image, to finish the design.

Materials Used:
Really High Five stamp set, Spring Showers dies (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black and Teal Zeal inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts; Broken China and Faded Jeans distress oxides (Ranger); markers (Copic); Spring Moss and Tropical Teal cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Barely Banana cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Crystal Stardream metallic cardstock (The Paper Cut); Cloud stencil (My Favorite Things); Grass border punch (Fiskars); white flock (Stampendous); foam tape

4 comments:

  1. I think the sky is fine, and seeing these little critters jumping on their trampoline makes me smile! What a cute card! Thank you for sharing this with us at the Players and using my sketch this week!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Lori - the bright green balances the darker blue of the sky perfectly and to be honest those two bouncers truly steal the show anyway! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card, Lori! Those critters look like they're having so much fun and I love that punny sentiment! So great to see you in the gallery at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun in the sun! I love it! Those clouds are so pretty! SO happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips