Friday, May 29, 2020

Baby Congrats

The theme for the current Lawn Fawnatics challenge is "oh, baby."  I turned to a classic Lawn Fawn stamp set--Plus One--for my simple baby design.

Baby Congrats card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Lawn FawnI added just a bit of color to the stork image using Copic markers, then paper pieced the stork's bundle using a scrap of floral patterned paper.  The bird was fussy cut by hand and set aside until I finished arranging the rest of the elements on the cardfront.  To go with the green patterned paper I used on the bundle, I adhered a wide green cardstock strip to the right side of a blue card base. The strip was edged with a bit of green pom pom trim on the top and a coordinating narrow strip of green cardstock on the bottom.  A white cloud, die cut with one of the cloud dies from the Spring Shower die set, was adhered to the left end of the green strip.  The stork image was added on top using foam tape for dimension.  I stamped the set's "congrats" sentiment to the right of the image in green ink.  A trio of aqua sequins arranged around the bird and cloud completed the design.  

Materials Used:
Plus One stamp set, Spring Showers dies (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Lime Green ink (Reverse Confetti); Limeade Ice and Simply Chartreuse cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Ocean cardstock (Recollections); Crystal Stardream metallic cardstock (The Paper Cut); aqua sequins (Treehouse Studio); green pom pom trim; foam tape

4 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I love those little pompoms...what a cute embellishment! Hey, I also sent you an email about purchasing some of your stamps! Could you get back to me on that? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness! this is so so so sweet! LOVE the stork! love the layers and pops of color! thank you SO much for helping to celebrate the newest Fawnie with the Lawn Fawnatics baby challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your adorable card, Lori! It's simple and sweet! Thanks for playing along with this Lawn Fawnatics challenge!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips