Sunday, May 10, 2020

My Greatest Teacher and My Best Friend

Here's my card for the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  Since it's a Mother's Day card and today's Mother's Day, it's especially appropriate to share today.

My Greatest Teacher and My Best Friend card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite Things
My feminine color palette was inspired by the floral patterned paper that I used for the two parallel panels positioned at the opposite sides of the card base.  The panels were matted on bright pink cardstock to set them off from the pink card base. 

I stamped one of the sentiments from the All About Mom stamp set from My Favorite Things at the bottom of a pink pierced rectangle panel in bright pink ink. The space above the text was filled with die cut m's and a pierced die cut heart, arranged to spell "mom." I matted the sentiment panel on pink cardstock to match the die cut word, then placed it on a pink card base over the pair of floral paper panels.

Materials Used:
All About Mom stamp set, Pierced Rectangle STAX and Pierced Heart STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Rose Bud ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, and Pale Peony cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Be Mine 6x6 paper pad (American Crafts); Lowercase dies (Clear and Simple Stamps); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Oh so pretty in pink! Sweet card for Mom! Glad you shared it at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! That sentiment is perfect for Mother's Day. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips