Saturday, May 30, 2020

Over the Rainbow for You

Here's my card for the current challenge at Global Design Project.  I paired the sketch with stamps and dies from Concord & 9th for my rainbow themed design. 

Over the Rainbow for You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Concord & 9th
I used the dies from the Rainbow Wishes set to create a three band rainbow using just red, yellow, and blue.  The bands were adhered to a pale blue panel embossed with a polka dotted pattern.  It's been a while since I used my die cutting machine for dry embossing... I die cut a cloud from shimmery white cardstock and used foam tape to adhere it to the right side of the rainbow bands.  The "over the rainbow for you" sentiment from the Brighter Days set was stamped on a stitched banner die cut and placed over the rainbow and clouds.  I arranged a trio of silver sequins beneath the cloud for a little sparkle and shine.  The finished panel was adhered to a blue-green card base to match the rainbow's blue band.  The narrow strips of blue at the top and bottom of the card make a nice frame for the image panel.

Materials Used:
Brighter Days stamp set, Rainbow Wishes dies (Concord & 9th); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Bright Buttercup cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Soft Sky cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Red Punch and Ocean cardstock (Michaels); Crystal Stardream metallic cardstock (The Paper Cut); Stitched Sentiment Strips dies (My Favorite Things); Polka Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); silver sequins; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips